Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Book Review: "Leaving Time"

Leaving TimeLeaving Time by Jodi Picoult

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This isn't a perfect book but it is a good one and it is a book that was entertaining throughout, in my opinion. Yes, there are a couple of characters that come straight from central casting: the alcoholic gumshoe haunted by the case that got away, and the plucky young girl who is just plucky plucky plucky until you kind of want to wring her neck. However, the elephant researcher and her floridly bipolar husband are more than enough to keep the pages turning, especially when a whole batch of fascinating elephants comes with.

There's a murder mystery, a missing persons case, and a ghost story all rolled into this thing, and I never once didn't enjoy what i was reading. Rather, I found myself not wanting it to end. As pure entertainment, or as a glimpse into the majesty of elephants, I would give this novel 5 stars, but I'm giving 4 because of the two cardboard characters.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Shay--I know it's late, but I KNOW I read this review because I thought, 'Yeah, not all the characters were well-rounded,' but I also had problems with blogger one day.

    Wah wah wah. No more whining from me.

    I loved the bits about the elephants. Perhaps books like this led to some of the big circuses allowing the elephants to retire...

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?