Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Lady Poet Of A Certain Age

Inside a door,
behind a glass,
spread out on a table top,

I have that white jacket with the snap pockets back,
with silver jewelry and a red bandana
tied around my wrist.

It's summer again
and we like Bananarama and Bryan Ferry.

Here is what I love about poetry--
I can kiss your shoulder,
each freckle in turn,
and feel the light soft hairs against my lips.

I can write it that you stayed--
that we both did.
As long as I have coffee, and a pen, 
we are each other's one more time,

inside a door,
behind a glass,
spread out on a table top

at Zhedo's.
_________

 

20 comments:

  1. The light of memory is the warmest, I say, and the kindest, because all the pain seems like only the shadow that throws the important elements of the picture into focus. A beautiful poem, Shay. light as the froth on a cappuccino, but maybe just slightly sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent raison d'etre of poetry!





    ( '>
    /))
    //""

    ALOHA
    ComfortSpiral

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as I have coffee and a pen!!! Oh yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee, and a pen :) My best companions too. Lovely poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poetry and writing is that perfect time machine.. I liked Bryan Ferry better than Bananarama BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem .... not so sure about Bryan Ferry ;) ... but coffee and pen? Most certainly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this. The only limit.... the imagination... (and vocab, heee heee heee)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This poem contains a lot of what I love about poetry...

    ReplyDelete
  9. "As long as I have coffee, and a pen, we are each other's one more time." God, I love your poems!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these sections:

    "Here is what I love about poetry--
    I can kiss your shoulder,
    each freckle in turn"

    "I can write it that you stayed--
    that we both did.
    As long as I have coffee, and a pen,
    we are each other's one more time"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I love it. As long as poetry drips from the pen life, love continues in unity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Il n'y a que la poésie et l'amour pour sauver le monde et non les armes. Tu es sur le bon chemin.
    Amitiés.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Fireblossom, you are just a slave to love... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Truly wonderful piece, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "I can write it that you stayed"----oh, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and so true, memories and wishes are always with us.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?