Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, April 8, 2013

The Wind

The wind came up out of the north-northwest,
and knocked the living bejesus out of everything it met.

It made windows explode from their frames.
It ripped shingles off the houses and pitched them into people's cars.

Still and all,
the wind couldn't move my heart.

The one I love couldn't find the breath to speak my name,
so ask me what I exactly give a damn about.

The wind?
Please.

The wind is loud,
but it's empty.
__________

12 comments:

  1. the last line is awesome. sad but i really liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... as are many loud people .. empty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has a directness and simplicity to it that is beyond all but the best. You make it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wind is a spirit that can move the earth, but only that other spirit can move the heart. Agree w/MZ on the directness here. Works well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds *exactly* like some people I know. Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wind is a hollow beast. I can hear it in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were most certainly NOT full of hot air when you wrote this...This poem left me breathless (she laughed over her lame jokes).

    Really--dark and oh-so-true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you turned the wind on its ear and put it in its rightful place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made every word count. Love the closing lines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you write such a variety of poetry. You can write a complex poem with many twists and turns, but then stop and write a simple, few-words that say so much:~)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent. And so true.

    This is my favorite:
    "Still and all"

    And then this:
    "The one I love couldn't find the breath to speak my name"

    ReplyDelete
  12. damn! this is one of my new favorites, Sis!

    fucking brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?